Cisco Catalyst 2960 series switches are fixed-configuration, standalone switches that provide desktop Fast Ethernet connectivity for entry-level wiring closet and small branch-office networks. These switches simplify the migration from non-intelligent hubs and unmanaged switches to a fully scalable managed network.
Cisco Catalyst 2960 series switches have lower cost of ownership with features such as intelligent switch configuration using Auto Smart Ports, installation with Auto Install and enhanced troubleshooting to facilitate ease of use. Comprehensive management tools such as Cisco Network Assistant provide ongoing management and monitoring of switches.
Services integrating voice, video, and wireless applications are possible using the Cisco Catalyst 2960 series LAN Lite Switches. Power over Ethernet (POE) and quality of service (QoS) provide comprehensive service delivery for entry-level customers.
Security capabilities that are pervasive in the network are critical for secure operations, and end-to-end security is obtained using the Cisco Catalyst 2960 series switches with LAN Lite software. An array of Cisco security solutions is available, including Cisco Clean Access NAC-based solutions.
Overall, the functionality available in Cisco Catalyst 2960 series switches with LAN Lite software provides peace of mind when dealing with today's network operations and lowers cost of ownership for customers.
- 48 port POE is available using 802.3af class 3 with 370 watt power capacity
- Dual-purpose uplinks for Gigabit Ethernet uplink flexibility, allowing use of either a copper or a fiber uplink
- A dual-purpose uplink port and one Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP)-based Gigabit Ethernet port, with one port active at a time
- Scalable and secure ease of use functionality such as auto configuration with Auto Smart Ports and easy installation with Auto Install to lower total cost of ownership
- Enhanced troubleshooting for problem solving including link connectivity and cable diagnostics
- QoS for traffic classification and shaping to prioritize various applications including voice, video, and multicast applications
- Single IP address, syslog, and Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) management for a stack
- Baseline network admission control based on users, ports, and MAC addresses
- Easy deployment and network management
The Cisco Catalyst 2960 LAN Lite Series offers several ease of use features, which enable fast and easy configuration and installation of the switches into the network. Lowering the total cost of ownership and simplifying network operation are primary reasons for using the Cisco Catalyst 2960 switches.
- Intelligent Power over Ethernet (PoE) management
The Cisco Catalyst 2960 LAN Lite series can provide a lower total cost of ownership (TCO) for deployments that incorporate Cisco IP phones, Cisco Aironet wireless LAN (WLAN) access points, or any IEEE 802.3af-compliant end device. PoE eliminates the need for wall power outlets for each PoE-enabled device and significantly reduces the cost for additional electrical cabling that would otherwise be necessary in IP phone and WLAN deployments. Taking advantage of Cisco Catalyst Intelligent Power Management, the Cisco Catalyst 2960 LAN Lite 48-port PoE configurations can deliver the necessary power to support 48 ports at 7.7W.
The Cisco Catalyst 2960 LAN Lite Switches support security features that can help your business protect important information, keep unauthorized people off the network, guard privacy, and maintain uninterrupted operation. The Cisco Identity-Based Networking Services (IBNS) solution provides authentication, access control, and security policy administration to secure network connectivity and resources. Cisco IBNS in the Cisco Catalyst 2960 LAN Lite Series prevents unauthorized access and helps ensure that users get only their designated privileges.