The Cisco Aironet 2700 series of Wi-Fi access points (APs) delivers industry-leading 802.11ac performance at a price point ideal for plugging capacity and coverage gaps in dense indoor environments. The Aironet 2700 series extends 802.11ac speed and features to a smartphones, tablets, and high-performance laptops now shipping with the faster, 802.11ac Wi-Fi radios.
The Aironet 2700 series supports 802.11ac "Wave 1" in its first implementation, providing a theoretical connection rate of up to 1.3 Gbps. That's roughly triple the rates offered by today's high-end 802.11n APs. The boost helps you stay ahead of the performance and bandwidth expectations of today's mobile worker, who usually uses multiple Wi-Fi devices instead of just one. As such, users are adding proportionally larger traffic loads to the wireless LAN, which has outpaced Ethernet as the default enterprise access network.
- Rugged metal housing and extended operating temperature
- Ideal for factories, warehouses, and other indoor industrial environments
- Versatile RF coverage with external antennas
- UL 2043 plenum-rated for above-ceiling installation or for suspending from drop ceilings
- Automatic remedial action and less manual intervention
- Historic interference information for back-in time analysis and faster problem solving
- 24 x 7 monitoring with remote access for reduced travel and speedier resolution
- Air quality index in Cisco CleanAir technology provides a snapshot of network performance and the impact of interference
- Industry's first AP with non Wi-Fi detection for off channel rogues
- Supports rogue AP detection and detection of derail of service attacks
- Management frame protection detects malicious users and alerts network administrators
- Enables policies to prohibit devices that interfere with the Wi-Fi network or jeopardize network security
- Controller based deployment and standalone deployments
- High density experience
Building on the Cisco Aironet heritage of RF excellence, the 2700 series APs run on a purpose-built, innovative chipset with a best-in-class RF architecture. This chipset provides a high-density experience for enterprise networks designed for mission-critical, high-performance applications.
The Cisco Aironet 2700 series is a component of the Cisco unified wireless network, a foundation for operating both wired and wireless LANs in an integrated manner. The unified wireless network can scale to as many as 18,000 APs with full Layer-3 mobility across locations on the enterprise campus, in branch offices, and at remote sites. The Cisco unified wireless network delivers highly secure access to mobility services and applications. It offers the lowest total cost of ownership (TCO) and investment protection by integrating smoothly with existing wired networks.