This technology enables mobile employees and teleworkers to work securely at home, on the road or at customers' offices using any Internet access they have at their disposal. Even if they have to jump on the Web via unsecured Wi-Fi at coffee shop, by using the company’s VPN they have full, secure, remote access to your phone system, data network, customer database and any other tools they need to be productive. It's almost like they're in the office.
• VPNs use secure firewalls and well-tested security measures at every network point of entry, to help stop worms, spyware or hackers from attempting to disrupt your business network or steal sensitive information.
• Once a VPN is installed, you can add as many employees in as many places as you need. You don't have to worry about expensive provisioning in each branch office, store or site; a computer and an Internet connection will do the trick. The VPN software can handle all security and user authentication.
• With a VPN, you're essentially creating a secure private network, or "tunnel," over the Internet. This way, only valid users can access the VPN, and then only by using industry-proven methods of user authentication.
• Even on the road, with a VPN, your data is safe. That’s because strong encryption technologies, which translate information into a secret code, help ensure the data is unintelligible to anyone attempting to intercept VPN communications — even over Wi-Fi networks.
• VPNs can help lower networking costs. Because a VPN provides a direct link to your business network, you don't necessarily have to install network equipment at each office or location in your business. In most cases, a computer and an Internet connection are all you need to access information, applications, and resources if working remotely.
• With a VPN, your phone and conferencing system is available to those who may need it most — remote and mobile employees. Cisco SMB Solutions for voice and conferencing on a data network enable anyone using the VPN to communicate easily and meaningfully with out-of-office workers, partners, suppliers, customers and others.
• You can expand your recruitment reach with a VPN. With this kind of flexibility, you can attract and retain employees from any geographic region. You can hire executives or professionals with special skills and have them join the company network quickly and easily — no matter where they live. That’s important, since human resources studies show that work/life benefits such as teleworking and flex time are among the most valued benefits a company can offer.
If you are ready to connect with a Cisco partner, click here.
Review some of Cisco’s products by scrolling to the bottom of the page.